Welcome to CHAPS
We are one of the leading names in Payroll & Invoice Funding solutions in the UK. At CHAPS we have the added value of running all payroll options
- CHAPS Payroll UK (INC PAYE Umbrella & CIS)
- CHAPS Global Payroll
- CHAPS Invoice Funding
- CHAPS Start to Established
As a full-service payroll provider, CHAPS is your one-stop shop for your complete compliant payroll needs.
At Chaps we offer a full range of services and products for all your financial requirements:
Chaps fully understands the importance of having a fully compliant payroll solution to ensure business growth and more importantly employee/ candidate retention. Using Chaps, you will have 100% peace of mind that you are in safe hands with educated payroll experts.
At CHAPS we understand that international payroll can be complex. We focus on delivering a high-quality expert-backed service. As one of the most diligent payroll companies, UK-based payroll solutions are far from the end of our expertise.
Start to Established
CHAPS understands the challenges you face when you are starting your recruitment journey. With 20 years of recruitment experience, you know you’re in safe hands.
CHAPS understands one of the most important aspects of your business is cash flow. With 20 years of experience in recruitment, we understand the need for invoices to be paid on time and the difficulties this can bring if you fall behind.
Our services have consistently excelled those of other payroll companies, UK and globally. Our services have been backed by experienced experts in our financial field. We are very fortunate to be partnered with the following companies:
- Contact Business Finance
- Manleys Chartered Accountants
- The Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals
Why you should work with us?
- Cash to start & grow (factoring)
- Fully accredited and compliant PAYROLL services
- Flexible recruitment solutions
- Focus your time on growth
- Full social media advertising & recruiting support
- Access to REC approved T&C's for clients and staff alike
- Online portal available for candidates to access
- Dedicated portal for weekly payslips
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Same day payments
What is outsourced payroll?
Simply put, payroll outsourcing is means hiring a third party company that specialises in payroll processing to handle the payroll for your busin...
What are the consequences of auto-enrolment non-compliance?
The Pensions Regulator has used enforcement powers in over 500,000 cases in the last decade as a result of employers failing to comply with auto-...
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you outsource payroll?
There is no good time to outsource your payroll, you can choose to do this at any time of the year – it all depends on what your business needs. However, many people choose to outsource their payroll towards the end of the financial year as the payroll management company will help to get everything in order for HMRC.
- How does outsourcing payroll work? You will need to supply the employee data each month, such as hours worked, rates of pay and any statutory pay that needs to be included. Your payroll provider will then work out each employee’s gross pay and make all the necessary deductions. They will then organise the payslips and distribute them, and pay each employee correctly and on time.
- Is outsourcing payroll cost-effective? One thing that many people find to be a drawback to outsourcing payroll is the cost – it can cost between £4-£6 per employee per month. However, when you compare this to how much time you will save and the reduced risk of fines and penalties, then outsourcing payroll can actually end up saving you money in the long run.
- Why should payroll services be outsourced? Payroll services should be outsourced to help save your business time, money and remain compliant. While you might think that it sounds easy to process all the payroll in house, it is also extremely time consuming and requires dedication, accuracy and keeping in line with ever changing legislation. In order to make your work life hassle free, consider using a payroll service provider who can do all this for you – leaving you free to think about more important things.
- Do I need a payroll service for my small business to large? It does not matter what size of business you have when looking at outsourcing payroll management – the benefits are suitable for everyone. You will be letting an experienced and specialist company do the hard work of payroll for you and ensure that you are compliant with all current legislation no matter how large or small your company is.
Why outsource my payroll services?
In terms of cost and budget, many people think that operating payroll in house is the better option. However, this role requires a lot of dedication, time, and accuracy, otherwise you will end up with errors that need to be corrected. Many businesses find that outsourcing payroll is less time consuming and cheaper in the long run.
- How much do payroll services cost in the UK? It will depend on which company you use to outsource your payroll to, but in general you can expect to pay between £4- £6 per employee per month, plus £2 per new employee set up. There are also options for pension enrolment and HR integration per month that you may need to consider into the monthly budget.
How do I do my own payroll?
You will need to collect accurate data for each member of staff including personal details, national insurance numbers, start date, tax code, national insurance category, student loan repayments, normal weekly hours worked, and how frequently the employee is paid. You will also need to work out any statutory pay including sick pay and maternity pay. This needs to be done on time every month otherwise expensive penalties will incur.